List:       xml-dev
Subject:    Q: Tag naming convention
From:       Mike Sharp <msharp () lante ! com>
Date:       2000-09-28 19:04:46

I have generally tried to avoid the use of tagnames like <first.name>, because
in my limited experience, the middle tier maps object attributes to tag names,
and having a period in the name messes everything up.

The other day I ran across a book in use locally that uses LOTS of element names
in this fashion.

I was wondering if this practice has anything to recommend it.  If not, should
it's use be discouraged?

Regards,
Mike Sharp