List:       xml-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [Announce] New version of JAXP javax.xml.{parsers,transform}
From:       Edwin Goei <edwingo () sun ! com>
Date:       2002-07-20 12:08:04

[Sorry for the duplicate message, I forgot to send the message to
commons-dev instead of general@xml.apache.org.]

OK then how about if we move this thread to commons-dev@xml.apache.org?

  > Great work here; this looks really robust!  My only concern is that,
if the
  > context class loader has been set, there's no fallback to the bootstrap
  > classloader in case the thread's classloader can't find the class.  I
know
  > of environments that rely on this kind of behaviour, so I'm hoping
you'll
  > be willing to change FactoryFinder to allow it.  To help, here's a patch
  > that I *think* would do the trick (though I haven't tested it very
  > thoroughly):  (See attached file: FactoryFinder-diff.txt)

Thanks for the feedback.  I've incorporated code that will fallback to
the current classloader if a provider cannot be found using the context
classloader, which if I recall is what your patch does.  (The current
classloader is different from the bootstrap classloader which is
represented as a 'null' value in many implementations.  The java
classloading API is a bit messy unfortunately. :-( )  Let me know if
this works for you.

-Edwin