List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: Document() function
From:       Christian Parpart <cparpart () surakware ! net>
Date:       2001-05-30 0:27:57

On Tuesday 29 May 2001 20:37, you wrote:
> I tried to use something like that <xsl:variable name="profilixml"
> select="document(Users.xml)"/> but It dosen't work.
you should write it in that way:

<xsl:variable name="profilixml" select="document('Users.xml')"/>

because you need to set Users.xml in ' ', too.

> Is it Cocoon that ignore document() function?

No, it's the part of Xalan.

> I'm asking that because it's a little bit strange, infact Cocoon use Xalan
> as XSLT processor, and with Xalan document() function works well. So
> where's the problem?

Perhaps, he can't find the users.xml, the path to the file for the document
function needs to be relative to the XSL-stylesheet document, NOT the XML
document.

> Thanks in advance.

You're welcome.

> Ciao Matteo