List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Internal Error after installing cocoon
From:       Niklas Agevik <tng () wineasy ! se>
Date:       1999-04-01 1:00:34

Hello,

Im having trouble getting Cocoon to run on my setup. After installing to the best of \
my knowledge i get the following error (from jserv.log):

(ERROR) ajp11: Servlet Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: \
com/ibm/xml/parser/TXDocument: com/ibm/xml/parser/TXDocument

As far i know the TXDocument class is contained in the IBM XML4J parser and im using \
the OpenXML parser as specified in the cocoon.properties files. My (stupid) \
"solution" to this probem was to download the IBM XML4J parser and included it in my \
classpath which only resulted in the following error message (jserv.log):

Servlet Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Factory error:  unknown exception: \
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/xml/framework/XMLParser: Factory error:  \
unknown exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/xml/framework/XMLParser

Here is a list of the configuration i use:
Linux Redhat 5.2
Apache 1.3.6
Apache JServ1.0
JSDK2.0
JDK2.1v5

I tried to give as much spec as possible, if anyone needs any more information reply \
with what part that intrests you =)

/ Niklas Agevik