List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: java.lang.NullPointerException
From:       "Robin Green" <greenrd () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-04-28 12:45:48

"Neeraj Dad" <ndad.cocoon@forindia.com> wrote:
>I just stared with cocoon. I am using PWS with Resin1.1 for Cocoon.
>I am trying to create some XSP pages. But when i try to run the XSP page.
>it gives me a error
>Error message comes like this
>
>Error found handling the Request.
>java.lang.NullpointerException
>at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java,
>Compiled Code)
>at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
>at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java, Compiled Code)
>at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:86)
>at com.caucho.server.http.AbstractRequest.service(AbstractRequest.java,
>Compiled Code)
>at com.caucho.server.http.AbstractRequest.service(AbstractRequest.java,
>Compiled Code)
>at com.caucho.server.http.PageCache$Entry.service(PageCache.java, Compiled
>Code)
>at com.caucho.server.http.PageCache.service(PageCache.java, Compiled Code)
>at com.caucho.server.http.VirtualHost.service(VirtualHost.java, Compiled
>Code)
>at com.caucho.server.http.Request.dispatch(Request.java, Compiled Code)
>at com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest(RunnerRequest.java,
>Compiled Code)
>at
>com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection(RunnerRequest.java,
>Compiled Code)
>at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java, Compiled Code)
>at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

It is hard to tell whether the bug is in your stuff or in Cocoon itself.
First try to access the Cocoon samples, especially the XSP ones. If they
don't work, you haven't set up Cocoon right - read the FAQ in the first
instance.

In future, if posting a stack trace, turn off your JIT so we can see what
the line numbers are in the stack trace.

--
Robin

270+ Open Source Java links!
http://directory.mozilla.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Java/Open_Source/