List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: Redirecting users in Cocoon
From:       Mike Engelhart <mengelhart () earthtrip ! com>
Date:       2000-01-31 18:52:28

Ed Wolpert wrote:

> Whoops.... I just started following the redirect discussion now...
> I take it there isn't a way without using XSP.

Not that I know of.  Anyone else have any idea?   A big concern I have about
XSP and Cocoon is that they grab the outputstream before any output is
actually sent to the browser.  This completely eliminates using
RequestDispatcher's which in many cases can eliminate the need for redirect
and the need to go back to the browser to do the redirect.  Also to do
complex server side manipulations of the request you have to write
everything into a session, redirect and then pull it out of the session
again which is a pain in the ass.  Anyone know why this is so?  It really
sucks.

Mike