List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: How to build cocoon 2.2 from source for debugging
From:       <ilgrosso () apache ! org>
Date:       2012-07-10 14:48:02

On 10/07/2012 16:13, Joel McConaughy wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I am trying to implement a multiple file
> uploader using <input type="file" multiple="multiple"/> and am not
> getting an array of PartOnDisk objects but just getting a single
> PartOnDisk for the last item selected.  I have walked through the
> source and it looks like it should work but doesn't.  I would like to
> compile a debug version of cocoon 2.2 so I can step through the code
> with a debugger.

Hi Joel,
first of all, I've just committed some fixes that make the build to succeed.

Anyway, I still don't think that you'd need to build the source tree in
order to debug a running C2.2 webapp: just start your container with
debug options (for example
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Developing#Q1) and attach your IDE to
the port specified.

I have no much experience with Eclipse, but at least with Netbeans this
should be enough.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò