List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: Cannot make Views work
From:       Lars Huttar <lars_huttar () sil ! org>
Date:       2009-11-18 17:46:55

Hi Will,
I agree the documentation is not in an admirable state of consistency
and completeness. It would be great if somebody could edit it to tell
the user where <map:views> goes in the sitemap.

Probably the most helpful thing you may not have processed in the
documentation is the allusion to "the samples sitemap":
samples/sitemap.xmap under the Cocoon build/webapp folder.
It has a few example views that show exactly where to put the
<map:views> and <map:view> elements.

In short, <map:views> goes between <map:components> and <map:pipelines>,
not inside either of them.
And yes the <map:views> wrapper is required.

HTH,
Lars