List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: cocoon3 block deployment
From:       Jos Snellings <Jos.Snellings () pandora ! be>
Date:       2009-11-18 5:54:23

> It's good to hear but I wonder how this can work for you at all ;-)

Well, this is admittedly a bit exceptional. In this forum, mostly people
invest efforts to figure out why something does not work, we are about
to try to find out why something works ;-)
Anyway, where is the code where this happens. blockcontexts are
registered via jnet, no? Blockcontexts are mounted in
cocoon-block-deployment.

On not using maven:
Every single project comes with an eclipse goal, so mvn eclipse:eclipse
builds a nice importable project. After import the 'autobuild' is on,
so, I just grab COB-INF and META-INF together with 'jar cvf
somesample.jar, and the cocoon block is ready.

I mainly suppressed maven to replace all internal cocoon dependencies by
dependencies on the mutual projects, rather than making them rely on the
maven repository. This enables me to 'tweak' the code if necessary. In
any case, it allows me to better understand what's happening. One day I
must write a 'cocoon for blondes' page.

New version:
I depart from 'getting started', get the maven archetypes and artefacts:
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon.archetype-sample
-DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-archetype-sample
-DarchetypeVersion=3.0.0-alpha-1 -DgroupId=org.tanteterra
-DartifactId=newsample

What are the magic words for the alpha2 archetype?
I come back with a list of compilation errors.

Cheers,
Jos