List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: jetty
From:       Andre Juffer <Andre.Juffer () oulu ! fi>
Date:       2008-02-27 13:49:29

 >Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Andre Juffer wrote:
>>
> Now, I agree with Joerg that this code looks very suspicious; I guess
> your intention is to catch an exception while dealing with the data in
> "do_something_with(data)".

Correct.

> The problem with the code above is that if an
> exception occurs in form.load() or form.showForm() etc. you end up with
> an endless loop.
> So I would rather catch the exception inside the "do_xxx" method (or
> handle error codes in a more graceful way than just catching exceptions).

Yeah, I guess this is what I need to do then. There is in fact an
exception handling mechanism in do_xxx(). I will improve this then.

> Although I suggest to improve the code, I fear that this is not the
> cause of your problem. My guess is still a class loader issue: you might
> end up with different libs being used in Jetty.

OK, let's assume that this is the case. There is probably not much that
I can do about it.

I'll follow the suggestion by Joerg and you to handle these exception
occuring in do_xxx() in a different way.

Thanks.

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi