List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: Protocols in Cocoon
From:       Alexander Daniel <alexander.daniel () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-02-24 18:48:48

On 24.02.2008, at 06:30, Mansour wrote:

> Is there a full documentation about all the protocols available in
> Cocoon. I couldn't find any document on the Cocoon web site about
> this subject. Protocols I am aware of:
>
> implicit.
> block:
> blockcontext:
> context:
> resource:
> servlet:
> cocoon:
>
> I don't know what is the difference between each of them. Where can
> I get this info?

Unfortunately I am not aware of any full documentation of all the
protocols. Some information can be found in the Cocoon Wiki [1].

The Cocoon 2.1.11 samples configure following protocols in
cocoon.xconf: all JDK standard protocols (e.g. http), blob, cached,
cocoon, context, coplet, empty, file, module, qdox, repository,
resource, slide, upload, webdav, xmldb, xmodule, zip. Javadocs for
most of these can be found at [2].

I assume that block, blockcontext and servlet were introduced with
Cocoon 2.2.

Alex

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Protocols
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/source/impl/package-summary.html