List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    How to have a Question mark in a URL
From:       "Lincoln Mitchell" <lincoln () interfaces-n-creatives ! com>
Date:       2007-05-08 6:21:46

Hi all,

I can generating an image with text in it. The text is in the URL an example
here is "sometext" in the url:
http://www.interfaces-n-creatives.com:8888/princesspamperparties.com.au/h5_s
ometext.jpg

The problem is the text is dynamic and may include a "?". If this happens
then I get the an error. For example the URL:
http://www.interfaces-n-creatives.com:8888/princesspamperparties.com.au/h5_s
ometext?.jpg

Notice the ? in "sometext?". The resulting error is:

---
Resource not found
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline matched request:
princesspamperparties.com.au/h5_sometext
---

There should be a ? after "h5_sometext" but everything after and including
the "?" is removed.

I realize "?" are significant in URL's but is there a way to get round this.

More info:
The text need to be in the URL as its matched via the pipeline below which
serializes as svg2jpeg:
<map:match pattern="h5_*.jpg">
	<map:generate src="content.xml"/>
	<map:transform src="wordml2svgH5.xsl">
		<map:parameter name="image" value="{1}"/>
	</map:transform>
	<map:serialize type="svg2jpeg"/>
</map:match>

Many thanks for any assistance.