List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Set content-type charset in serializer
From:       Nils Kaiser <NilsKaiser () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-01-31 23:54:43

Hello,

I want to specify the charset in the content-type header. I found a jira
issue stating that support for this is in cocoon 2.1.10 which I use
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1049).

I tried to specified the charset in the serializer attribute 'mime-type'
but it did not work.
This is also given as a solution in
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding

            <map:serializer logger="serializer.xhtmlmp"
                mime-type="application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml; charset=utf-8"
name="xhtmlmp"
                pool-max="64"
src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
                <doctype-public>-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile
1.0//EN</doctype-public>

<doctype-system>http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd</doctype-system>
                <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
            </map:serializer>

Could this be caused by a misconfigured tomcat which rewrites the
headers or I am doing something wrong?

Is there a work around for this issue?

Thx,

Nils