List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: performance with transformation on BIG xml files
From:       Adrian Petru Dimulescu <adrian.dimulescu () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-03-18 20:47:57

On Thursday 18 March 2004 18:08, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> This is normal behaviour. It doesn't matter whether you extract a small
> or a big part, the XSLT processor will always load the complete document
> into memory.

Thanks, that explains it. I'll be looking for a way to extract chapters of
large books in a less expensive fashion.

An XML database may be one way of doing this; I am a bit reluctant about using
XIndice, though, as having simple XML files is quite attractive, as opposed
to having a database in which updates become more difficult.

Ok, we'll live and see.

Best regards,
Adrian.