List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Catching exceptions when not using ESQL:ERROR-RESULTS
From:       Luís Góis <luisgois () netc ! pt>
Date:       2003-06-29 19:58:15

Hi everybody!

Look at this piece of code from Donald Ball I've found (November 2000) about catching \
exceptions without using esql:error-results tag:

<xsp:logic>
  try {
    <esql:connection>
    </esql:connection>
  } catch (MyException e) {
  } catch (MyOtherException e) {
  }
</xsp:logic>

In my code I wan't to use a slight variant (is it meaningfull?):

<xsp:logic>
  try {
    <esql:execute-query>
    </esql:execute-query>
  } catch (MyException e) {
  } catch (MyOtherException e) {
  }
</xsp:logic>

Looking directly to the esql.xsl from cocoon 2.0.3, when not using the \
esql:error-results tag, a new RuntimeException is thrown. So, unless I'm wrong and in \
that case please correct me, I can only catch this kind of exception, whatever \
happens inside the <esql:execute-query>.

Unless I parse the getMessage() output, do I have any other way to "catch" different \
exceptions?

TIA
Luís Góis