List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: Setting up cocoon at site root
From:       Lajos <lajos () galatea ! com>
Date:       2003-06-28 0:35:39

Justin -

You can't make webapps/cocoon your host's appBase. The appBase must
point to the directory containing the web applications, cocoon being one
of them. So set appBase to just "webapps", and the docBase of the
default Context to "cocoon".

Regards,

Lajos

Justin Makeig wrote:
> Lajos,
> Thanks so much for the quick response. I'm still kind of muddled in the
> Tomcat documentation, though.
>
> Here's what I changed in server.xml:
>
> <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps/cocoon"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

> <Context path="" docBase="mysite" debug="0"/>
>
> However, when I go to http://localhost/ I get a directory listing of
> webapps/cocoon/mysite as generated by Tomcat. How do I tell Tomcat that
> there's supposed to be a Cocoon site there?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> - Justin
>

> On 6/27/03 4:52 PM, "Lajos" <lajos@galatea.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi Justin -
>>
>>Easy. Make the path for the cocoon <Context> in server.xml "" and
>>remove/comment out the ROOT <Context>. If you don't have an entry for
>>cocoon in server.xml, then you could even just edit the existing root
>>definition and change "ROOT" to "cocoon".
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Lajos
>>

>>Justin Makeig wrote:
>>
>>><Question type="newbie">
>>>
>>>How do I configure Tomcat 4.1.24 to run Cocoon sites from the site root?
>>>For example, right now I'm successfully running a Cocoon site from
>>>
>>>http://localhost/cocoon/mysite
>>>
>>>However, I would like to to configure Tomcat to run mysite from the request
>>>
>>>http://localhost/
>>></Question>
>>>
>>>I'm sure it can be done, but I don't see anything in the set up docs. Any
>>>help would be much appreciated.
>>>
>>>- Justin

                    Lajos Moczar
     Open Source Support, Consulting and Training
             Cocoon Developer's Handbook
  (www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0672322579)

      http://www.galatea.com -- powered by AzSSL