List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    Re: Im sure its a simple problem!
From:       "Derek Hohls" <DHohls () csir ! co ! za>
Date:       2003-01-31 7:10:12

I have added a few remarks on this issue below as well.

>>> stevenn@outerthought.org 30/01/2003 09:18:28 >>>
Richard Cunliffe wrote:

> C:\tomcat\webapps\soundpool\soundpool.xml
> C:\tomcat\webapps\soundpool\soundpool.xsl
>
> + tomcat (folder)
>  + webapps (folder)
>   +- soundpool (folder)
>     +- soundpool.xml (file)
>     +- soundpool.xsl (file)
>

> I assume that webapps is the correct folder.

nope, you should put them underneath your cocoon webapp folder:

C:\tomcat\webapps\cocoon\soundpool.xml

and access them using http://localhost:8080/cocoon/soundpool/soundpool

*** Steven is right of course; the reason Cocoon cannot find the file
is that does not know where to look - by default it can *only* look
in its own directory or subdirectory unless you tell it otherwise.
Bear in mind that the pattern match:
  <map:match pattern="soundpool/soundpool">
is *not* an instruction for Cocoon to prepend a directory location;
its
a "virtual URI" that, when you type it in as part of a URL (as shown
above),
ONLY means - look for a <match> called "soundpool/soundpool" somewhere
in the main Cocoon pipeline and process the instructions you find
wrapped *inside* that match.  In your example, Cocoon then goes off
to look for a file called "soundpool.xml" which it assumes is located
in
its own directory (because you have not told it otherwise).

In summary, yes the problem is simple but that does not mean you
are stupid not to solve it!  Understanding what is going on "inside" -

both technically and conceptually - can take a while ... some recent
estimates put it at anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to 2 years!!

More reading:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/faq-configure-environment.html#faq-2

But I really think you need to look at sub-sitemaps - there's an
example
in the Cocoon samples (that startup by default) - also read through
the
various doc's and tutorials for examples and discussions.  Start with:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html
and have a look at the section on "Mounting sitemaps"

"The CSIR exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages and/or
attachments thereto/links referred to therein originating in the
organisation and the views in this message/attachments thereto are
therefore not necessarily those of the CSIR and/or its employees.
The sender of this e-mail is, moreover, in terms of the CSIR's Conditions
of Service, subject to compliance with the CSIR's internal E-mail and
Internet Policy."