List:       xml-cocoon-users
Subject:    RE: ESQL Query
From:       JohnsBrn () netscape ! net
Date:       2002-09-30 17:30:09

You can do this with a standard xsl stylesheet and xsl:call-template. Something like \
this

<xsl:template match="member">
<TABLE>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</TABLE>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="profilHairColor">
<TR><TD>Hair Color</TD><TD><!-- xsl:call-template goes here with . as arg \
--></TD></TR> </xsl:template>

You could also put the values in an external xml file and use the document() \
function.

<xsl:template match="profilHairColor">
<xsl:variable name="id" select="."/>
<TD><TD>Hair Color</TD><TD><xsl:value-of \
select="document('lookup.xml')/Lookup/HairColor[@id=$id]"/></TD></TR> </xsl:template>

where lookup.xml is something like this

<Lookup>
 <HairColor id="4">Brown</HairColor>
 <HairColor id="5">etc...
</Lookup>

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do this as wel, but both of these methods \
will work.

John Lambert <johnlambert_fr@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After an ESQL query, I obtain the resulats in a file XML, with amongst other things \
> syntax below:
> < member >
> < profilHairColor>4</profilHairColor >
> < profilEyesColor>2</profilEyesColor >
> < profilOccupation>8</profilOccupation >
> </member >
>

> I wish to make correspond in the final result (HTML) the values of the various \
> fields with their interpretation (for profilHairColor, 4 = brown hair)
> What is the best solution to do this ?
>
> - do I Have to use a logisheet especially for this operation ?
>
> - do I have to create another xml file with all values interpretation, and then to \
> merge them ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> JL

The NEW Netscape 7.0 browser is now available. Upgrade now! \

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account today at \
http://webmail.netscape.com/