List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: c3 and JSON
From:       Thorsten Scherler <thorsten () apache ! org>
Date:       2011-04-12 13:48:04

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 15:00 +0200, Steven Dolg wrote:
> Am 12.04.2011 13:42, schrieb Thorsten Scherler:
> > JSONObject object = JSONObject.fromObject(answerBean);
> However they are also other frameworks/libraries for handling JSON (eg
> http://jackson.codehaus.org/) and it would be very nice if we could
> allow the users to choose which one to use.
> Not sure how we could/shoulfd go about that tho.
> Just an observation... :/

Cheers for your feedback.

A small side note http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JACKSON-532 jackson
supports now org.json.

However the usage of jackson would be a replacement of the REST module
in cocoon completely as I understand it. In my eyes that is not a bad
thing.

I loved the annotation driven configuration of my RESTservices in
jersey, especially that I can configure and output to different
MediaTypes depending on the client accept headers. Would love to have
this in cocoon REST, however I am not sure what the best route of
integration would be.

I guess use a reserved servlet path to trigger the handover of the
request to jersey/jerkins. I guess the wicket example integration can
give some hints.

Pack to the initial patch maybe I should do something like
new TextResponse(string,content-type)

This way you can response in any given contentType and you can always
"extends TextResponse" if you need a special treatment.

WDYT?

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>
http://www.codebusters.es/

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]