List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Cocoon 2.1.11 - Mysterious FileSystem I/O operations when creating a new EnvironmentWrapper ???
From:       "Laurent Medioni" <lmedioni () odyssey-group ! com>
Date:       2009-06-29 16:56:00

Hi,
In the context of a cocoon:// redirect from a pipeline in a sub sitemap, we can \
notice some weird FileSystem access on the .war of our application.

Looking at the code, when the SitemapSource creates a new EnvironmentWrapper (in fact \
in AbstractEnvironment.initComponents()) there is an attempt at resolving \
tempInitContext, leading to a new FileSource (in fact in FileSource.init()) and a \
file.toURL()... Triggering FileSytem operations on the .war file...

While debugging it represents quite a few I/O operations for each request (due to \
several includes through the cocoon protocol...).

Question: What can we do to avoid this ? Why trying to resolve an already known \
context ? (the main sitemap one, easily accessible through rootContext no ?)

Any doc/info on this Environment management somewhere ?

Many thanks,
Laurent

• This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
• Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
• Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
• An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
• If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.