List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: [RT] a simple release plan
From:       Daniel Fagerstrom <danielf () nada ! kth ! se>
Date:       2006-03-21 8:34:36

Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
> > Didn't work for me. I copied configuration files and samples as
> > described in
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=114073731515724&w=2 and
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=114085759822501&w=2
> > and still gets the same problem as Ben reports in the link above. I.e.
> > that components are not inherited properly to subsitemaps. Stack trace
> > below.
> >

> Ok, you're right (of course): the hierarchy of bean factories is
> correctly initialized, including for example the jx generator. For some
> strange reason, the tree processor of a sub sitemap is creating the
> correct bean factory but using the root bean factory. Therefore the jx
> generator can't be found.
>
> What's the easiest way to debug the code? Can I easily run jetty in
> debug mode?

I do most development in Eclipse and use the Jetty plugin (see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=113715888100008&r=1&w=2 about setup),
the Jetty plugin works fine with debugging.

During development of the blocks fw I have used ServletUnit and tests at
the functional level. So during most of the debugging I have started the
main servlet from ServletUnit instead. The base test class can be found
here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/cocoon-blocks-fw/cocoon-blocks-fw-servlet-impl/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/ServletTestCase.java, \
 and an example of using it here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/cocoon-blocks-fw/cocoon-blocks-fw-servlet-impl/src/test/java/org/apache/cocoon/blocks/servlet/BlocksManagerTestCase.java, \
 it will use a webapp in the same package,
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/cocoon-blocks-fw/cocoon-blocks-fw-servlet-impl/src/test/resources/org/apache/cocoon/blocks/servlet/.

The testing system is quite primitive but has been very useful despite
that. We could move the base class to core (and maybe even make it less
primitive and combine it with the HtmlUnit tests from 2.1.x), if others
are interested.

/Daniel