List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: Script for m10n of blocks (was Re: [RT] a simple release plan)
From:       Andreas Hochsteger <e9625392 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2006-03-17 15:52:07

Reinhard Poetz schrieb:
> Andreas Hochsteger wrote:
>>
>> Reinhard Poetz schrieb:

>>> Andreas, thanks for getting involved! Your work looks good; could you
>>> please make some changes to the directory structure of the "new
>>> block"? What we need is a structure as used in
>>> "cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo":
>>>
>>> src
>>>   main
>>>     java
>>>     resources
>>>       COB-INF --> the webapp here (e.g. samples)
>>>       META-INF --> component configurations here
>>>
>>> This is the right structure for "real blocks". In order to satisfy
>>> our current needs of deploying into a web application that does *not*
>>> use the blocks-fw, we can extract the JAR into several places from
>>> within an Ant script or a Mojo:
>>>
>>> COB-INF        --> [web-app]/samples
>>> META-INF       --> [web-app]/WEB-INF/xconf
>>> the JAR itself --> [web-app]/WEB-INF/lib
>>>
>>> It shouldn't matter that we use the "new" structure.
>>>

>> Thanks for the hints.
>> Do I understand it right, if I put COB-INF between resources/samples
>> and META-INF between resources/conf and resources/WEB-INF.
>> The rest stays as  I suggested it?
>
> hmm, I don't understand what you mean with "put between". The idea is
> that the web application goes into COB-INF. Meta data and component
> configuration goes into META-INF. There is no need for a
> resources/samples, resources/WEB-INF or resources/conf directory.

With 'between' I meant .../resources/COB-INF/samples - sorry for my bad
phrasing.

But looking at cocoon-deployer-plugin-demo it looks more like the following:
samples -> cocoon-<block>-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF
WEB-INF/xconf -> cocoon-<block>-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/xconf(?)
conf -> (? contain *.xweb, *.properties and other files)

I'm still uncertain about the last two directories.
Can you give me some more details (or pointers) which files and
directories from the old blocks map to the new ones?
Once I have this information I can adjust the script to respect this
information.

Thanks,
Andreas