List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of
From:       Daniel Fagerstrom <danielf () nada ! kth ! se>
Date:       2006-01-12 14:33:50

Looks good!

I will restructure the cocoon-blocks-fw projects so that it contains sub
projects, then we can move the Schema files and configuration model
beans, so that we share a common implementation.

I will also create a block based sample webapp, so that it is easier to
see how the blocks framework is used.

I think the details about configurations and directory structure is
better to start to discuss when we start to integrate our work. It is
worth mentioning though that the sitemap element of the block
configuration will be replaced with a servlet element or maybe even a
servlets element:

  <servlet class="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapServlet">
    // SitemapServlet specific configuration
    <sitemap>
      // ...
    </sitemap>
  </servlet>

As we, (as discussed in the NG threads) want to be able to use other
controllers than the sitemap as top level controller in Cocoon it would
IMO be a bad idea to hardwire the blocks framework to the concept of
sitemaps.

/Daniel