List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: [M10N] new block layout
From:       Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz () apache ! org>
Date:       2005-11-04 14:13:01

Le 4 nov. 05, à 14:49, Jorg Heymans a écrit :

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> Yes - we already have blocks which contain only samples
>> (core-samples-main for example).
>
> given the new structure, does it still make sense to keep this as a
> separate top-level block, or can this become a submodule of
> cocoon-core?

A submodule seems to make sense in this case, but in the general case I
think it's good to allow samples-only blocks.

Another kind of block is XSLTAL which does not contain java code, only
XSLT, a dead simple sitemap configuration and samples. So it's good to
remain flexible in the parts that a block contains.

>> I'm no Maven Maven, but I assume it makes sense to handle those blocks
>> using the same layout.
>
> I never really thought about what "maven" actually means :-)

This one's not from me, I first heard the term "Maven Maven" used by
Carsten at his ApacheCon EU 2005 talk (which played a big role in
moving us to Maven by the way!)

-Bertrand