List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: [M10N] new block layout
From:       Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler () apache ! org>
Date:       2005-11-04 9:57:43

Ralph Goers wrote:
> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>

>>What if there is no real need for an api block? Do we still add it and
>>define for example the cocoon-core dependency there or do we leave it
>>out alltogether ?
>>

> I would lead it out altogether.  Leaving it in kind of implies that
> there should be an api and will probably just confuse people.

Yepp, if no api, no sub project for it; the same for samples and perhaps
impl as well.

Apart from that: +1

We should also note that this is the "best-practice" layout which you
should use. But of course you're not forced to use it. For example a
block might have to samples where each sample is a separate sub project
(think of the portal block with two different portals as samples).

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/