List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: [M10N] new repo layout
From:       Daniel Fagerstrom <danielf () nada ! kth ! se>
Date:       2005-11-03 17:35:37

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>
>> The concept is the following :
>>
>> /trunk
>>     pom.xml
>>     /cocoon-core
>>     /cocoon-forms-block
>>     /cocoon-ajax-block
>>     /cocoon-asciiart-block

>> Please have a look and tell me what you think.
>

> IIRC, we already have separated out blocks out of the core, into
>
>   svn:/cocoon/blocks/
>
> Where each block is treated as independent project, and has own
> tags/branches. With Cocoon 2.1.8 out this friday, several blocks will
> start having own tags.

The current structure with trunk/tags/branches under each block will
become rather unconvenient as soon as we start to relase and tag things.

Right now you can just check out svn:/cocoon/blocks without any
problems, but with a number of tags for each blocks you soon get quite a
lot to check out, then you either need to check out each
blocks/<name>/trunk separately or we have to provide a directory with
externals to each block trunk. But that was extremely slow when we tried
that a while ago.

Read the links in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=112790057318179&w=2 for
description of a better way to solve it.

> Why do you want to reverse this and combine blocks with cocoon core?

It doesn't reverese anything, all blocks under /trunk will be
independent projects, their interdependencies are completely described
in the respective POMs.

/Daniel