List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: a new cocoon logo?
From:       Upayavira <uv () odoko ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-11-03 9:08:00

hepabolu wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> +1 to new skin but only with new content.
>

> I'd like a more lighter (i.e. in color) skin, much along the lines of
> the current Maven site.
>
> If you want to make new content a prerequisite for a new skin, it won't
> happen for a long time. The speed of updating/adding content is simply
> too slow for that.
> I'd propose an new skin for Cocoon 2.2.

I agree. Now, you might think that there's no new documentation in
Daisy. I would tend to disagree. There's been a certain 'freshening' of
the docs there, which, to my mind, is sufficient to justify a new skin.
A new skin would be a part of the 'our documentation has changed/is
changing' message, and would be good to have done before 2.2 is released.

>> -1 to the logo, no reason to change a widely recognized one with a new
>> one just for sake of change.
>
> There is no reason to stick with the current logo forever. A slight
> change that "modernizes" the logo would be ok. And I don't want to start
> the discussion on what "modern" is.
> However, I'm -1 on the initial proposal since there is no relation with
> the old logo.

But +1 to the initiative that Frédéric took. We need more of that. Maybe
he can take this as some interesting feedback to his design, and show us
what he can come up with next, logo or skin-wise.

> All good changes come in many small steps.

Yup.

Upayavira