List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: [GT2005] Mirroring Apache SVN?
From:       Upayavira <uv () odoko ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-09-27 14:07:30

Arje Cahn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Last year at the hackaton I found myself waiting for hours for my Eclipse to \
> checkout the latest Cocoon code until I could actually do something. Does anyone \
> know of an option of doing this in advance before the hackaton and have some kind \
> of a mirror/proxy on location?

Interesting idea.

I just chatted about it on #svn, and it turns out to be _MUCH_ simpler
than that.

All we need is someone to do a Unix and a Windows checkout of each repo
(so four checkouts in total). Then, they tar/zip them up, and put them
on a local web/ftp server, and people can download those and off they
go. Much easier than a SVN mirror.

Regards, Upayavira