List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    RE: Request
From:       "Artur Bialecki" <artur () digitalfairway ! com>
Date:       2002-05-13 16:02:48

<snip>

> There's already such an adapter in DeliImpl, along with a ServletContext
> adapter. We should move them to environment.http so they have a better
> visibility.

The DeliImpl only wraps Request, the CocoonServletContext
doesn't implement cocoon's Context or HttpContext.

We need conversion for all cocoon's Context, Cookie, Request,
Response, Session. What would be the best way to do this?

1. public constructors that take javax.servlet.* interfaces
   in all Cocoon's ...environment.http.Http* classes.

2. public static convert() or from/to() methods on all
   ...environment.http.Http* classes.

3. public static convert() or from/to() method for on
   HttpEnvironment class for each Http* type.

4. provide wrapper class for each ...environment.http.Http*
   that implements it's equivalent javax.servlet.* class.

5. other ???

What fits best the current Cocoon model?
Personally, I would like to see something that works nicely
in both directions. The current way of getting the original
request object is not very pretty.

What do you think?

Artur...