List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: Request
From:       "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken () apache ! org>
Date:       2002-05-13 15:00:33

From: "Artur Bialecki" <artur@digitalfairway.com>

> > Don't you think this will bring new wave of discussions "Cocoon Request
> > vs HTTP Request"?
> >

> > Vadim
> >

> I wasn't part of the previous discussions but having nice conversion
> methods might put an end to future discussions on this topic.
> I can see the benefit of Cocoon having its own Request, Response, etc.
> but sometimes you just can't use them. So and anwser might be:
> "If you don't like or want to use Cocoon's request just convert it."

+1

If we provide the original HTTP* objects, they say: "hey, why don't you use
that?", and will have trouble in converting the Http only libraries to work
in other environments.

If we have a conversion class, you have a cleaner and simpler upgrade path
to using Cocoon's version.

Not that I will write it myself ;-)

Artur, if you write it I will commit it, if there are no -1s of course.

I would also like to discourage the use of underlying original
implementations, since it really brakes the system.

It's like making a variable that has get-set accessors public.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -