List:       xlock-develop
Subject:    [Xlock-develop] xlockmore-5.15BETA1 released
From:       David A Bagley <bagleyd () gwyn ! tux ! org>
Date:       2005-01-24 20:57:32

Hi

Ok I am probably setting a bad precedent... but I added a new mode from Tim.
I also found various problems with life mode.  And Tom found one with juggle.
Tim:  I see I spelled your last name wrong in the Revisions file... I corrected
  it below and in the source for the next release.

Tom I think this solves the leak in juggle... if you can do a purify check
let me know.  (I did some checking with bcheck but not entirely convinced)
also found a leak in fiberlamp which I fixed.

xlockmore-5.15BETA1 as of 22 January 2005, the maintained version of xlock

5.15BETA1
* Various cleanups...
* fiberlamp thanks to Tim Auckland.  [Hint from maintainer: Looks good when
*   run by itself using -mode, lift the mouse off the pad and jerk it forward
*   while pressing the middle button.]
  life mode fixes for -mode life +fullrandom and also labeling for
+   -neighbors 6 .  Conway life would occasionally be initiallized with
+   a bad lifeform.  More interesting forms of High life would never come
+   up.  No labeling on given rules.
  Fixed a problem with configure if g++ is used from say /usr/local where
    no other packages are used from there.
  Changed VPATH to set without appending / as it seems to cause problems
    on NetBSD with an /install directory.
+ juggle mode improvements added thanks to Tim Auckland
+   More objects to juggle (clubs, torches, knives, rings, and bowling balls)
  toneclock mode thanks to Jouk Jansen.
  enabled multibyte support for more than one fontset thanks to
     Michal Cihar <michal.cihar AT suse.cz>.
  ifs and strange modes now use a real Gaussian generator but does not
    seem to make a difference... thanks, I guess, to Tim Auckland.  :)
  configure change for PAM so it will work on FreeBSD thanks to
    Spencer Visick <visick AT eng.utah.edu>.
  Fixed PAM goof.

 * new
 + upgrade
--