List:       xlock-develop
Subject:    [Xlock-develop] xlockmore-5.13ALPHA05 released
From:       David A Bagley <bagleyd () gwyn ! tux ! org>
Date:       2004-06-29 16:13:25

HI

I just finished all the major work I planned for a main release...
left to do is some minor tidying up with the latest life update and decide
what to do with ant1d.
I hope to make a BETA release in the next week or so.

xlockmore-5.13ALPHA as of 28 June 2004, the maintained version of xlock

5.13ALPHA05
* life.h and life3d.h modified to allow use of names with compile-time
    options LIFE_NAMES (this doubles the memory for these guys so I am
    not sure if its wise).  For now it just works with -verbose but may
    add text on the screen like apollonian mode.
  ant1d in the works
*   added busy beavers in a table
    TODO:
      allow only "interesting" machines
      abandon if does not work out
  ant3d: new mode...
*   added leading white cube, eyes are on the small leading black face :)
      (todo: need better "eyes" on the leading face of the leading cube).
* triangle use fast erase before drawing the next iteration
  life3d and ant3d movement of perspective
+ ant, ant1d, and ant3d command line option rule to pick Turk's ants
    and table for other ants.
  time as part of plan thanks to Robert Goliasz <uuk AT irc.pl>
    Author of patch says, "If someone wrote a nicer time displayer, eg.
    in one of the corners and updated each second, I'd be pleased :-)"
    Fixed for C and Cygwin.
  Patch to remove unneeded include of linux/fs.h and adds include for waitpid
    thanks to Michal ÄihaÅ <mcihar AT suse.cz>
  New life forms for life3d.h.

 * New
 + Updated
--