List:       xinetd
Subject:    [xinetd] post-2.3.12 pending stuff in my private work area
From:       Matthias Andree <ma+xi () dt ! e-technik ! uni-dortmund ! de>
Date:       2003-08-06 22:18:57

Hi,

I have some patches sitting in my working directory that I can group
into two change sets:

1. portability. I don't know if Solaris 2.6 portability is complete with
   these changes, but Solaris 8 and FreeBSD 4-STABLE should be fine.

   Most of this stuff is u_int_* -> uint_* patching, hardcoding
   MAX_DATAGRAM_SIZE and adding missing #include lines.

2. a new "libwrap" option to let me configure the name that libwrap is
   given for looking up if access is to be allowed.

   Rationale: if I need some wrapper (say, softlimit or tcpd) around a
   server, I must write another wrapper for the wrapper so that I can
   have a server= argument that matches hosts.{allow,deny} daemon names.

Don't argue, tcpd is necessary because I don't want to tell people "if
xinetd was compiled with libwrap...": the easy way is to tell them to
use tcpd and set flags = NOLIBWRAP (I hope this flag is accepted and
ignored if libwrap support isn't compiled in).

--
Matthias Andree