List:       xinetd
Subject:    Re: xinetd problem with internal time service
From:       Steve G <linux_4ever () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-08 23:09:17

Hello,

Just a guess...I see a note in builtins.c line 324
which says we always report the time in network byte
order, but I don't see conversion anywhere?? I added a
line at 337(the last line of time_protocol) like this:

(uint32_t)*timep = (uint32_t)htonl((uint32_t)timep);

My linux systems via rdate still seem fine and it
changed what I see in windows. I only have telnet on
windows so I really can't see if it really fixed it.
Let me know the outcome.

-Steve Grubb