List:       xinetd
Subject:    [OT] socket_wrappers
From:       Steve G <linux_4ever () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-08-26 11:06:15

Hello,

This is slightly off topic, but I think you may be
interested. I have released socket_wrappers today. It
is an improved version of tcp_wrappers that is more
suited for direct linking into a program(xinetd).

The improvements are namespace protection so there's
less chance of function or data name collisions,
removal of unneeded functions, updates to signal
handlers so they don't tamper with the application's
handlers, it now drops supplemental groups, updates to
the man pages and build process.

You can read more about it from:
http://www.web-insights.net/socket_wrappers.html

I've been using it since April and it shaves ~7-10k
off of the compiled xinetd. Wietse Venema is aware of
all these changes to tcp_wrappers.

-Steve Grubb