List:       xinetd
Subject:    Re: xinetd problem
From:       Steve G <linux_4ever () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-08-22 1:29:03

Hello,

I should have put this in the last e-mail. Just incase
you are curious what's in my patch to Rob, here's the
list:

1) attr.h needed to have A_RPC_VERSION added to
NECESSARY_ATTRS_RPC_LISTED & UNLISTED. The man page
says its checked...but its really not.

2) There was a memory leak if a server really was in
the configuration since "/bin/true" is added no matter
what without freeing whatever was there.

3) Xinetd didn't complain if you have type =
SOCK_DGRAM in a redirected service.

4) bind_parser & redir_parser both should use parsemsg
instead of msg.

5) sc_dump needs ntohs() removed for the port output.

6) M_CLEAR(scp, A_SERVER) should be called in
attr_check() if the service is redirected. The server
is not a required attribute since "/bin/true" gets
inserted no matter what.

7) No check was done to see if wait = yes is set for
redirected services.

Hopefully, 2.3.8 will be released soon and all these
issues put to bed.

Cheers,
Steve Grubb