List:       xine-user
Subject:    [xine-user] Subtitle issues with MKV files
From:       Richard <richard.vdboom () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-24 13:14:50

Hi!

I have an issue with subtitles in Matroska files made from my own DVD that I
rip to put them on a central server in my house. I add subtitles to the MKV
files as vobsub files.
For most DVD, subtitles are displayed using xine roughly in the middle of the
image. This is more visible in 1:2.25 image ratio but still applies for most
videos. It does this way whether I use xine-ui, dragon player or any graphical
front end, so I imagine it comes from the engine. Playing with subtitle
vertical offset doesn't help as I suspect it does only work with text-based
subtitles, while vobsub are images.
Mplayer or ffplay seem to be able to display subtitles at a correct place, so I
guess this is an issue with the xine engine.
I use xine on a Slackware 64 system, using the provided xine version. It does
the same to me on another a Slackware 32 system and with self-compiled xine.
The current version is 1.1.16.3 but it has been doing so for as long as I
remember.
Can anyone help?

Best regards,

	Richard Van Den Boom