List:       xine-user
Subject:    Re: [xine-user] How to stop playback then resume from last
From:       jb3 <nabble () spamex ! com>
Date:       2009-07-13 13:52:24

On Tuesday, 2009-07-07 at 08:23 -0700, jb3 wrote:

> How can I resume playback of a video file from where I last stopped
> watching?
>
> Seems like I should be able to stop a video file, exit Xine, then later
> restart Xine and pick-up where I left off.
>
> Without this ability, it's pretty cumbersome to watch a video of any
> length.
>
> Thanks for your help and reply.

I don't know, but I have two "tricks". One is to pause play - then I
power-off using s2disk. Hopefully I'd be able to continue from the same
place, but often sound is lost.

The other is to note on a paper the time point of the viewing, then browse
to that point the next time. Cumbersome, I know, but it works ;-)

- --
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.

Thanks, Carlos. The work-around is cumbersome, as you said, but it works.