List:       xine-user
Subject:    [xine-user] [v4l] try to get composite in from bt878 working
From:       Johannes Zellner <webmaster () nebulon ! de>
Date:       2008-07-22 7:40:45

Hello,

I'm trying to get the composite-in of my bt878 working with xine.
The input is working properly with tvtime.
So I read about a "xine v4l://" thing but that crashes all the time my xserver
( same with "mplayer tv://" ).
I also tried to get a logitech webcam up and running, but here after starting
xine with "v4l://" the led on the webcam flashes and the xine: "xiTK received
SIGSEGV signal, RIP."

So before I try to get further, is xine even capable of current v4l-api  ?
(I read something about frequency and tuner_name in input_v4l.c, is this input
plugin just for television input? )

Thanks for any answers,
Johannes Zellner