List:       xine-user
Subject:    [xine-user] xine player causes high CPU of X and metacity on FC7
From:       "=?GB2312?B?wO6/ob3c?=" <junprince () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-26 6:10:13

    We install xine on FC7, when we play xine we find X and metacity
take too much CPU.But when we play video files using media palyer
which is designed  based on xine-lib and our hardware accelerate
platform, this issue doesn't exist.

hardware:VIA C7 1,5GHz, CX700, 512MB Memory
xine version: xine-lib-1.1.8
                    xine-ui-0.99.5
linux version:2.6.21.1-3194-fc7

   test result: (mpeg2 video file)
   1. original xine player:
            (1) without hardware accel: (-V xshm)
                             xine:      69.8%
                                 X:      18.6%
                       metacity:      3.6%
            (2) with our hardware accel:
                            xine:        5.3%
                     metacity:         9.2%
                                X:         3.6%
  2. media player based on xine-lib and named dvdxwin designed by ourself
                    dvdxwine:         3.6%
                    metacity:          0.0%
                               X:          0.0%

       When we test it on FC4/FC5,  this issue also exists.We think it
may be caused by UI, and xine-lib may not affect it.
       First, UI may caused  some events to be sent to  metacity and
then when metacity catches these events ,it will process these events
and send some events to X. Since, maybe, too much events are processed
by X and metacity, the CPU is taken too much. But we don't confirm
it.Can you tell we how to fix this issue?
        Thanks!