List:       xine-user
Subject:    [xine-user] geforce2 TV-out picture shifted when using xv
From:       rob steed <rjsteed () talk21 ! com>
Date:       2006-10-31 11:26:04

Hi,
when I start my xorg server using the nvidia driver's
Tv-out mode, everything starts fine and at a
resolution of 720x576. Then when I start xine using
xv, the picture is displayed but shifted down and
right so that half the picture is off the screen. This
happens in windowed and fullscreen modes.

I've tried it with xorg 6.8 and 7.1 and I'm using the
nvidia-legacy-drivers. My geforce2 Ti can only display
on monitor or Tv but seems happy switching between
them. I'm using Xine 1.1.2. Xine works with shm driver
but its a bit slow. Tried using the vidix driver and
got the same problem; even worse as the picture was
corrupted for both monitor and television. I'm using
gentoo.

Is this a known problem or am I configured wrong?

Rob

ps.Strangley when I tried using nvtv I didn't get a
problem so I'll probably try to reconfigure my scripts
to use that.