List:       xine-user
Subject:    Re: [xine-user] gxine error
From:       Darren Salt <linux () youmustbejoking ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-07-26 22:23:24

I demand that Purnendu Chakraborty may or may not have written...

> I am trying to install gxine-0.5.7. Initially I had problems with libjs.so
> during compilation. After going through tweaks suggested by other
> people in this list and elsewhere I built js-1.5 on my platform with
> %make -f  BUILD_OPT=1 Makefile.ref ;

These days, I'd recommend libmozjs (from xulrunner). This is a newer version
of the library which you're using.

> placed all header/binary files from js/src in /usr/include/js

The binaries belong in /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib. (The makefile probably has
an install target which will handle this for you.)

> and linked libjs.so and libjs.a to /usr/local/lib
> %ln -s /usr/include/libjs.so /usr/local/lib.

> Now gxine compiles fine. But when I am trying to launch it I am getting the
> error :

> %gxine: error while loading shared libraries: libjs.so: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory.

> Any idea ?

Yes. You have a broken libjs installation.

> Please wait while the page is being loaded. If this message is shown
> forever, the page did not load. So try again...

Hmm? I don't see the point of that...

|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.packages.html>

Govt investigations contribute more to amusement than knowledge.