List:       xine-user
Subject:    Re: [xine-user] Problem playing some mpeg2 files
From:       Obie Fayth <bibendum59 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-30 17:19:41

On 6/29/05, James Stembridge <jstembridge@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/29/05, Obie Fayth <bibendum59@gmail.com> wrote:
> >      These are mpeg2 recordings I made with MythTV (which has the same
> > problems playing them). I'm just posting this Q here because I was
> > hoping someone might have an idea why xine&myth on one pc can play
> > them but xine&myth on another machine has these problems.
>
> Are you sure the files are identical on both machines? Try an md5sum
> on each to check.
>
> James.

     Thanks for the tip James. I checked this and the md5sums on the
mpeg2 files on both machines matched. I tried a md5sum on xine too,
just in case, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem.

     Is there some extremal library or plugin that xine uses to decode
mpeg2 files or which is used when skipping from one part of a mpeg2
file to another?

thanks,
-Obie