List:       xine-user
Subject:    [xine-user] Xine and DVB-S
From:       Jim Jowski <jowski () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2005-06-21 4:02:17

I compiled the latest xine-lib and gxine and installed them without any
problems.  I have a Twinhan DVB satellite card and it will lock on to
the signal of interest which is an in the clear signal that my digital
receiver will handle properly.  When I try to watch the signal with
xine, nothing good happens.  I tried 'gxine dvb://' and just starting
'gxine' and selecting the signal in the playlist with no luck.  My LNB
frequencies are 5150 and 11750 (North American C and Ku band).  My
~/.xine/channels. conf lines are as follows:

NBC:3880:h:0:25195:256:257:1
Fox:3880:h:0:25195:272:273:2
UPN:3880:h:0:25195:288:289:3
PBS:3880:h:0:25195:304:305:4
CBS:3880:h:0:25195:320:321:5
ABC:3880:h:0:25195:336:337:6
NYN-1:12182:h:0:23000:110:111:1
NYN-2:12182:h:0:23000:120:121:2
NYN-3:12182:h:0:23000:130:131:3
NYN-4:12182:h:0:23000:140:141:4
NYN-5:12182:h:0:23000:150:151:5
NYN-6:12182:h:0:23000:160:161:6
NYN-7:12182:h:0:23000:170:171:7
NYN-8:12182:h:0:23000:180:181:8
NYN-9:12182:h:0:23000:190:191:9

Isn't there some way to specify the lnb frequencies in a xine config file?  It seems \
like that might be the first place I should look to solve this but I'm not having \
much luck with the docs either.

Thanks,
Jim