List:       xine-user
Subject:    [xine-user] newbie question on video driver
From:       "Nathan C. Lee" <leenc () email ! uc ! edu>
Date:       2005-02-25 21:55:19

I am using xine-hd, so this might not be an appropriate question for
this list.

I am using an nVidia GeForce FX 5300 PCIe 128MB, and have installed the
nVidia linux drivers, but for some reason, xine will not allow me to use
the xvmc driver or the xv driver. I get the following error:

This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.2.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
xiTK WARNING(skin_parse_section:659): wrong section entry found: 'options'
main: video driver <xvmc> failed

Any ideas on how I can check whether I have the nVidia drivers installed
correctly, or how to resolve this problem with xine? I was not able to
find any answers on the mailing list archive.

Thanks in advance.