List:       xine-user
Subject:    [xine-user] (no subject)
From:       "srikanth a" <srikanth_a17 () linuxmail ! org>
Date:       2004-11-30 14:30:45

Hi

I am new to linux environment and I want to shift from windows OS to
linux based OS, but I am not able to install any media players.  I
have a fedora core 2 installed on P IV based intel 865 mother board.

I downloaded xine RPM  from cvs and installed both the RPMS(libxine
and xine-ui). Though the RPMs were installed successfully I am still
unable to run xine on my desktop.  When I type xine from the terminal
the xine window comes on for a 4-5 seconds and then closes down
without any error messages.

I am not able to uninstall the rpm through rpm -e lib... command to
install a fresh copy of xine again.  Can anyone help or suggest a
better way to install a media player which can  run windows files in
addition to normal vcds,mpegs and avi files.

Srikanth