List:       xine-user
Subject:    Re: [xine-user] File without audio
From:       Franti¹ek_Dvoøák <valtri () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2004-11-21 16:28:26

Hi all,

V St, 17. 11. 2004 v 11:05, David Gómez píše:
> Hi all ;),
>
> Xine isn't playing the sound in a file. I'm using rc7. What i find
> strange is that there are no messages about 'codec not supported' or
> similar things. It's just playing the video, with no audio.
>
> A sample from the file:
>
> http://www.pleyades.net/peli2.avi

Interesting. ffplay using ffmpeg doesn't play the sound as well, but vlc
plays it OK with ffmpeg decoder.

It looks as problem in avi demuxer. I got these messages from vlc (and
seekbar is little crazy during playback):

avi warning: cannot find idx1 chunk, no index defined
avi warning: cannot find indx (misdetect/broken OpenDML file?)
avi warning: cannot find indx (misdetect/broken OpenDML file?)
avi debug: stream[0] created 0 index entries
avi debug: stream[1] created 0 index entries
avi warning: broken or missing index, 'seek' will be axproximative or
will have strange behavour

Cheers,
  Frantisek