List:       xine-user
Subject:    Re: [xine-user] Quicktime interaction problem
From:       Mike Melanson <mike () multimedia ! cx>
Date:       2004-11-05 23:17:39

Greg Breland wrote:
> Someone let me know if I should send video examples to a different forum
> or log them in some bug database somewhere.
>
> The below link is to a 58K .mov file that xine can't handle. However,
> its basically just a screen shot that the user is supposed to click to
> see the full clip.  xine plays the clip and quits so fast that you need
> to loop the clip to get a good look at it with "-l".
>
> So technically xine plays this clip fine, but it doesn't handle any user
> interactions.  Don't know if this was known or not but at least you have
> a simple example to demonstrate the problem now.
>

> http://movies.apple.com/trailers/disney/cars/images/large_03.mov

	xine's QT subsystem is not yet sophisticated to the point that it will
handle interactivity, still frames, subtitles, or multiple parallel
tracks. (Still, it can gracefully 99.9% of the QT material out there.)

	Secret tip: Go to this site to get direct QT trailer links (including
"Cars"):

   http://davestrailerpage.co.uk/

--
	-Mike Melanson