List:       xine-user
Subject:    [xine-user] Building on Mandrake 9 & sound.
From:       Brian Piatkus <Brian () fulcrum ! plus ! com>
Date:       2003-03-29 19:55:40

Hi
	Much improved since my last comments. The freezes are much less frequent (and
more unpredictable).
1) I still cant get a good build on my Mandrake system. All seems ok but but
it crashes out without useful message on mms streams (e.g. NASA Tv.). No
matter for me - the cvs rpms work fine.

2) I like the fact that I now get useful sound on avi files transcoded through
Flaskmpeg. The downside is that other streams e.g. BBC News 24 (Real)
suffer very severe peak distortation at all audio levels. This has happened
subsequent to the 030312 build.

	Great work.