List:       xine-devel
Subject:    Re: [xine-devel] Building xine on Intel Mac
From:       Matt Messier <mmessier () grapetv ! org>
Date:       2007-06-02 18:47:49

On Jun 2, 2007, at 11:55 AM, Stephen Bell wrote:

> currently I can't even complie the sources on my Intel Mac  without
> comenting out some stuff.
>
> it complies OK on my PPC Mac but errors out on my Intel Mac
>
> Any idea?

Known and fixed in the 1.2 tree.  Comment it out in the 1.1.6 tree,
but you are absolutely wasting your time with 1.1.6 on Mac, for
either Intel or PPC.

>>  It has a far
>> greater chance of actually working once you get it compiled.  Also,
>> see doc/README.macosx for hints on building properly and using it.
>
> there is no README.macosx in the 1.1.6 files

Correct.  It's in the 1.2-macosx tree, which is what you should be
using.  Forget about 1.1.6.

>> Be aware that the macosx branch is under fairly heavy development at
>> the moment, and there are some things that will be changing soon in
>> the Mac specific API -- video output in particular -- so be prepared
>> to make code changes if you're using native video output.
>
> I'm trying to build the XinePlayer example from
>
> xineplayer.berlios.de
>
> It builds OK but fails to load the video driver
> video_out_cocoa.so
> which is included with that example

As mentioned in README.macosx, you need to also link with
libxineMacOSXVideo.dylib for the time being.  However, this is going
away soon, and the example code you're using is not going to continue
to work without other changes.